Steel Sports Families and Players:
Steel Partners is the parent company of Steel Sports. The accompanying announcement from Warren Lichtenstein, Executive Chairman of Steel Partners, details points for our companies to follow regarding coronavirus. We are lucky to have this expert guidance. Here are additional measures we are adopting for Steel Sports, consistent with our Kids First approach.
- Coaches will greet everyone individually by name, make eye contact and welcome them to their practice session or game. But until further notice, all handshakes, high 5’s and fist pumps will be suspended. At the conclusion of games, players will give opponents a round of applause in place of a handshake. Coaches will communicate this policy change with the opposing coach and officials before each game.
- Coolers are not to be used until further notice.
- No sharing of water bottles.
- No sharing of snacks or food.
- No sharing of equipment such as gloves and hats.
- Coaches will emphasize and role model proper hygiene.
- Coaches will encourage players who show any form of illness to stay home and recover.
We need your help to keep all athletes safe and healthy:
- As has always been our policy, if your child is not feeling well, they should be home resting. If your child has a fever, they are not permitted to attend practices nor games. Your child must be fever free (without the use of fever reducing medications) for a full 24 hours before returning to his or her team.
- Please provide your child with hand sanitizer and remind them to use it before sessions and during breaks.
- Finally, please encourage your child to follow the guidelines above.
Thank you for your continued commitment to creating a positive sport experience for our athletes. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates when appropriate.
Steel Sports Staff